of the United States Green Party
We are in the process of setting up regular telephone and internet meetings.
We also meet once a year at the Green Party annual gathering.
We need a volunteer to set up telephone conferencing, probably
once a month, to alternate with Internet Meetings.
Too much? Just use the EASY METHOD below -- NO
First Wednesday of every month
Meetings last 2 hours
Start time: 6pm Pacific Time/9pm Eastern Time
(feel free to use at any time)
Meetings will take place once a month on IRC (Internet Relay Chat).
General Information about IRC
How to join using IRC software on your computer:
- If you have a Mac, go to http://www.ircle.com/download.shtml
and download the IRC program called Ircle. Just double click on
the program after download to get started.
- If you have a PC, try the program mIRC. They have versions for
Windows 95 or better, as well as for older versions of Windows.
Go to: http://www.mirc.co.uk/get.html
- If you're running a Linux box, try X-Chat for UNIX/Linux running
X Server. Go to: http://www.xchat.org/download.html
(they also have a Windows version).
- Once you have installed and opened the IRC software, set up
a connection. Put in the username of your choice and the server
- Once you're on the server, type the following (do not leave
out the slash or the number sign): /join #dg
How to join using a text-only interface:
- You need to install a Console IRC Client. The most popular of them
is BitchX for UNIX/Linux consoles - windows ports of this exist. Go
- Once you have installed and started up the software, type /server
irc.sorcery.net on the command line. Then type: /join #dg
How to join using an interface for the blind:
- If you are blind and using emacspeak, you may want to use ERC, the Emacs Relay Client. It
is prepackaged for many distributions of GNU-Linux and will work with
the Windows version of Emacs as well. There are also other IRC clients
written for Emacs you may wish to explore.
EASY METHOD!!!!!! -- NO
How to join using your web browser:
When you click on this link, there will be a popup box asking you to
enter a nickname. Put anything you wish. If it's taken, it will ask
you for another choice. Then you'll see a large box on your screen,
with a smaller box below it. Use the mouse to put the cursor in the
small box. Type and hit return when you are done. The text should show
up in the large box.
Site maintained by Cyndi Norwitz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last modified 1/26/08